Veterans of Wisconsin's governmental arena, Scholz and Kussow have presented a "hands-on" consulting, lobbying, and public relations firm that consists of the following services.
Together, Brandon and Michelle have a solid record and have gained respect as a team that gets the job done. Clients of the Capitol Group will receive personal, one-on-one service for their needs and can expect results.
- Appointed by Legislature to participate in study committee providing recommendations on school starting date.
- Worked with dealers and manufacturers to draft legislation establishing fair dealer-manufacturer relations.
- Encouraged support for legislation relating to shareholder liability and removing impediments to businesses attempting to raise capital.
- Encouraged grassroots contacts resulting in a $13 million increase in reimbursements paid to MA pharmacies.
- Changed school funding formula for independent charter schools to receive fair funding.
- Successfully lobbied for creation of Regional Transit Authority and established state funding for transportation project.
- Promoted exempting internet access from the sales tax by introducing legislation, generating a letter to Congress signed by the majority, and passing a joint resolution encouraging support of similar legislation at the federal level.
- Worked with state agency to interpret tax credit legislation .
- Urged Legislature to clarify the sales tax on temporary services.
- Generated grassroots support to encourage the Bush Administration to expand stem cell research.
- Created a national coalition to address and influence data security legislation.
- Worked with Elections Board to approve a Wisconsin vendors specific technology for statewide voter registration system.
- Established working relationships within USDA for a Wisconsin company.
- Participated in a coalition defeating joint and several liability changes that would have put businesses at risk.
- Lobbied on legislation to protect manufacturers and established new standards on product liability lawsuits.
Employment & Labor
- Passed legislation prohibiting municipalities from enacting a higher minimum wage than the state’s minimum wage level.
- Amended mandatory health care legislation “employee” definition to exempt temporary and seasonal employees.
- Supported legislation allowing non-traditional lenders to provide financial assistance to businesses.
- Pushed legislation capping appeals bonds at $100 million.
- Supported efforts to build new transmission facilities in Wisconsin to ensure reliable energy for consumers and businesses.
- Ensured language that "prohibits transporting bottled water from the Great Lakes Basin" was not included in the Great Lakes Compact signed by Governor Doyle in 2008.